[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX on Solaris: HOWTO and patch

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 02:07:38 UTC 2006

why did you choose such an old version for porting?

If you had used the latest version, Fabian could potentially pull in your solaris specific changes and you wouldn't need to keep applying this diff for upgrades. Moreover, one of the key feature of being able to resume a running session is in 0.5.

Rongsheng Fang <unixlifebox at gmail.com> wrote: ________________________________________________________________
         Don't forget to check the NX Knowledge Base:
                 http://www.nomachine.com/kb/
       Please also check the FreeNX Wiki+FAQ for hints.
  http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ

Hi all,

FreeNX doesn't work out of box on Sun Solaris, so I made a patch for it
and got it working on Solaris. The patch basically fixes some
not-so-portable commands or command options, which are not supported on
Solaris or some versions of Solaris such as `egrep -q', `ls
--time-style', mktemp etc, and some other little things (md5sum etc). I
also put together a little HOWTO here:

http://unixlife.wordpress.com/2006/03/29/how-to-get-freenx-to-work-on-solaris/

The patch can be downloaded from here:

http://unixlife.yi.org/freenx/freenx-0.4.2-solaris.diff

FreeNX is great stuff, thanks to the FreeNX team! Please keep up the
good work!

Enjoy!

Rongsheng
     Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?
    Then please write up the solution in the FreeNX Wiki/FAQ:
  http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ