[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX on FC5 [was Re: problems near the end of connect w/freenx client with fc5 on both machiens]

Luke Hutchison luke.hutch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 20:46:08 UTC 2006

> You are using these?
> freenx-0.4.4-2.FC5.0.noarch.rpm < NOT freenx-0.5
> nx-1.5.0-4.FC5.1.i386.rpm
> nxclient-1.5.0-141.i386.rpm

Yes, exactly the same versions, except a slightly earlier nxclient build
number (134 not 141).

The biggest problem I had was getting FreeNX working on a higher port
number.  That was before I knew about node.conf.

Other than that, deleting /usr/X11R6 was an important step in getting it
working.  NOTE: You obviously do *not* want to delete this directory on
anything before FC5, or if you have any significant third party X apps
installed that might have placed files in there.  However none of the
FC5 packages install stuff there now.