[FreeNX-kNX] Suspend sessions

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 22:30:37 UTC 2006

I remember vaguely having discussed the same thing in past on this list and having sent a patch here. The deal is that a disconnection forces the nxagent to suspend correctly. Everything works but the connection is left with a status of "Running" in /usr/NX/var/db/running/, instead of "Suspended". As we don't resume sessions in Running state as yet (I think 0.5 is same...I am not sure, Fabian will answer that), you get a new one.

Alejandro Sánchez Acosta <asanchez at qindel.es> wrote: Hi,

Here I'm using in a wide environment (around 100k clients) the FreeNX
server. Suspending sessions is working fine, but if you kill the client
process, you dont retrieve the session in the next login.

Do you know if it is posible to restore session if the client closes
unexpectedly the session? This environment is common if you have thin
clients using a network connection and the nxclient die.

Thanks,
Alejandro.