[FreeNX-kNX] Understanding keys / Debugging SSH issues

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Mar 22 23:12:22 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, 22. März 2006 17:59 schrieb Torsten Schlabach:
> Dear List,
>
> I am still trying to find out why I cannot make FreeNX work.
>
> As suggested, I have done
>
> nxsetup --uninstall --purge
>
> then
>
> nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key
>
> I would try the latest SVN version of FreeNX but I cannot get it off the
> repository. (See my posting on this.)#

Please try latest SVN (see other post). nxsetup will try the connection to the
server and tell you some easy hints if it does not work:

 echo "Fatal error: Could not connect to NX Server."
                echo·
                echo "Please check your ssh setup:"
                echo ""
                echo "  - Make sure \"nx\" is one of the AllowUsers in
sshd_config."
                echo "  - Make sure your sshd allows public key
authentication."
                echo "  - Make sure your sshd is really running on port
$SSHD_PORT."
                echo "  - Make sure your sshd_config AuthorizedKeysFile in
sshd_config is set to $SSH_AUTHORIZED_KEYS."

cu

Fabian

--
      *** Consulting - Training - Workshops - Troubleshooting ***
   @@@ LiveCDs (Knoppix), Debian, Remote Desktop Access (FreeNX) @@@

--- Fabian Franz --- www.fabian-franz.de --- consulting at fabian-franz.de