[FreeNX-kNX] Compiling Nomachines NX from Source

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Mon Mar 20 12:53:51 UTC 2006

Stefan Lippers-Hollmann schrieb:

>Hello
>
>On Monday 20 March 2006 12:26, Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I try to compile Nomachines NX from Source to use it with FreeNX.
>>When I make a "make Wolrd" I get an Error:Building XFree86 version 4.3.0
>>(27 February 2003).
>>
>>I hope you checked the configuration parameters in ./config/cf
>>to see if you need to pass BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS.
>>

>[...]
>

>>Any Hints?
>>

>Your information is a bit lacking, like architecture, OS/ distribution, gcc/
>(auto)make/ autoconf/ binutils-, native X11 version or how you tried to
>compile nx at all.
>
>Quite comprehensive and general information can be found at the excellent
>NoMachine knowledge base or more specifically here:
>	http://web01.nomachine.com/documentation/building-components.php
>
>Besides that there are working and up to date packages for all major
>distributions like Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, RedHat, Ubuntu and probably
>others available. Even if you are not using those, their source packages
>are accompanied by detailed build instructions (*.spec files or
>debian/rules), necessary patches for current gcc versions etc. and are
>supposed to build out of the box.
>

>>Regards
>>
>>Daniel

Hallo,

sorry about the missing Infos.
System is SuSE 8.0 on a Pentium4-System.
automake ist 1.4, make is 1.62, binutils is 2.11.92.0.10-89, XFree86
Version 4.2.0.

The Problem is: My System is not UpToDate. The the RPMs semmed to be
worthless for me.
And i can't Update the System cause ists our Server.
I downloaded the Sources from nomachine, unpacked it and made a "make
World" in nx-X11. The the Error-Message was displayed.
On a newer System (SuSE 8.2) the make World was doing fine.

Regards

Daniel Spannbauer