[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.5.0 - Snapshot 5

Marco marco.mandl at gmx.at
Fri Mar 10 14:01:30 UTC 2006

Fabian Franz wrote:

> Please test now and give good feedback :-). Especially look for the keyboard
support you need.

I have still the old random problem with AltGr combinations. Maybe I should
give a detailed description:

start NoMachine client 1.5.0-138 on WinXP Pro
login as root
kde desktop opens
console windows opens

type q -> display q
@ (AltGr-q) -> nothing
q -> nothing
q -> ^Q
q -> ^Q
Alt-Tab -> switch to windows
Alt-Tab -> switch to nx session
q -> q
q -> q
@ -> nothing
q -> q
q -> q
q -> q
@ -> @
@ -> @
@ -> @
q -> q
@@ (keep pressing AltGr) -> nothing
q -> nothing
q -> ^Q
q -> ^Q
Strg (Control) -> nothing
q -> q

I can't find a rule in it. The only thing is that sometimes (>50%) it does not
work. Then I have to release AltGr to have a chance for success. When it does
not work sometimes I get some sort of fixed Control key - until I press Control
again. One speziality is about ~ (AltGr +): I always have to press it twice for
a chance of success. And even when a ~ shows up there remains the chance that
Control key became sticky.

Hope this explains anything to you.

Regards,
Marco