[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.5.0 - Snapshot 4

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Mar 8 11:48:18 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 10:11, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> > It's wrong to put in the path to the decop command as a hard-coded
> > one.
> >
> > It's wrong to send the signal to "--all-sessions".
> >
> > It *may* work if you utilize the "NODE_AUTOSTART" variable in
> > node.conf for this; but I haven't tested this yet.
> >
> > I tend to always do it manually after session resuming:
> >
> >    "dcop kwin default reconfigure"
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kurt
> Hi
> on arch i put this to NODE_AUTOSTART this way it works, was only a suggestion
> to incude it somewhere in the main scripts.

It is only a workaround; as such we should publish it, and suggest
ways to apply it. But I'd be opposed to put it in the main scripts
(because over time we'd just pile cruft on more cruft this way). I
hope the next release of the NX core libs from NoMachine provide a
proper solution (the effect seems to be caused by the way which is
utilized by NX compression routines to handle very fine lines as
are in use by Plastik when creating shaded fills).

> greetings
> tpowa

Cheers,
Kurt