[FreeNX-kNX] AltGr

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Mar 8 10:36:16 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 09:03, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:

> > > Try a different keyboard first; seriously. And be especially cautions if
> > > one of the new fashionable models is in the game.
> >
> > I have the same effect here, definitely not a too-much-coke-on-keyboard
> > issue. But it happens only with the Nomachine Windows Client, not with
> > the Linux Client.
>

> Dear list,
>
> I had a similar problem. I ran the server on SuSE10 which gave me problems
> like yours, bad keyboard mapping

Please keep apart "bad keyboard mapping" (consistent) from "random problems
with one (or more) particular key".

> from the nx-windows client to MS2003 (using
> the NX system as some kind of a proxy to MS2003).
> Changed to SuSE9 (some old demo-disk...) and the problem was gone. Someone
> told me the problem was related to one "kbdcomp" file in SuSE10. I don't know
> if this is true.

We know that there are buggy keymap files out there, and that the XFree86
(monolithic) --> Xorg transition (modular) introduced quite some problems.
But these usually have consistency in their patterns, not randomness.

Cheers,
Kurt