[FreeNX-kNX] Building NX on SLES9

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Mar 8 01:06:50 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, 8. März 2006 01:54 schrieb Justin Grote:
> Patch:        NX.diff
> Patch1:       NX-noansi.diff
> Patch2:       p_XFree86-4.3-ppc64.diff
> Patch3:       NX-1.5.diff
> Patch4:       NX-bufferoverflow.diff
> Patch5:       NX-data-range.patch
> Patch6:       gcc4-friends.patch
> Patch7:       ppc-no-signed-char.diff
>
> Except for patch1 and patch2 because this isn't a 64-bit architecture.

Why do you have -m32 then in your gcc log?

On what architecture do you try to build it on?

Even if you are compiling for 32-bit on a 64-bit machine you need to apply the
patches. They do not hurt anyway, so just do it.

I suggest using ccache (i.e. put a symlink to ~/bin and that first in the
path) to help in recompiling again and again. (Saves lots of troubles with
rpmbuild).

> >This means that building libXext failed.
>
> But if this were true wouldn't the make have stopped at that point?

There is a bug. Trust me.

> Anyhow, I went into the lib/Xext and ran make there to see if I could
> get it to compile individually, and the makefile ran the following command:
>
> cd ../../../nxcompext &&        ./configure &&  make
>
> which I assume is an nx-modified version of the libXext. It passed the
> configure, but failed on the first GCC with a ton of undeclared errors
> in NXlib.c. Here's a snippet:

Yeah, because before Xext also libX11 failed to build.

cu

Fabian

--
      *** Consulting - Training - Workshops - Troubleshooting ***
   @@@ LiveCDs (Knoppix), Debian, Remote Desktop Access (FreeNX) @@@

--- Fabian Franz --- www.fabian-franz.de --- consulting at fabian-franz.de