[FreeNX-kNX] PATCH: Resuming sessions with Windows NXClient 1.5.0-106/-138

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Mar 7 20:21:37 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, 7. März 2006 18:57 schrieb Jack Tanner:
> Fabian Franz wrote:
> > To patch your FreeNX 0.4 loosely, do the following:
> >
> > search in nxserver for "R---PSA" and "----PSA" and replace it through
> > "RD--PSA" and "-D--PSA".
> >
> > This will remove the ability to resume rootless sessions from Windows,
> > but will allow resuming of normal sessions.
>
> I'm confused. We want to resume sessions no matter whether rootless or
> not, right?

Ok, I'll explain:

Windows nxclient starts NXWin in Multi-Window mode for "rootless sessions",
which lead to the old behaviour of the NX Session Wallpaper.

Its properly fixed in 0.5.0, but this one is still in testing stage, so I can
understand that you don't want to use that version yet.

So I gave you quick pointers for removing the "session wallpaper possibility",
but you'll loose the ability to resume "rootless" sessions properly as they
will be not rootless after resume anymore.

So, this is a quick WA, if you don't need it, wait for 0.5.0 (which might just
be available in some months)

cu

Fabian

--
      *** Consulting - Training - Workshops - Troubleshooting ***
   @@@ LiveCDs (Knoppix), Debian, Remote Desktop Access (FreeNX) @@@

--- Fabian Franz --- www.fabian-franz.de --- consulting at fabian-franz.de