[FreeNX-kNX] NX 2.0 & X.org X11 7.1: Failure related to xrdb

David Godin DGodin at hsi-inc.com
Tue Jun 27 16:19:19 UTC 2006

Mike I had the same problem after upgrading, played with it for a few
days...gave up, so I tried good old reliable knoppix 4.0 (not 5.0 it does
the same thing) and it works great so I installed knoppix 4.0 on a test
drive and I use that now for home access from work...not the most impressive
code crunching solution but it works.

Just for HA-HA's I transferred the SSH config file & nxserver directories
installer....config files from the installed knoppix 4.0 to my main drive
with the broken NX and it still does not work...must be something with Xorg

I have the latest NXclient on my windows machine at work.

Also, on another NON NX issue I was happy to see that I got vobcopy,
transcode, dvdauthor...mplayer, kplayer working without any crazy
dependencies, so now I am going to go back to knoppix 4.0 on my main
drive....too and NOT upgrade...also have a radion card that that has 3d
acceleration working...what else could you ask for?