[FreeNX-kNX] n00b Q: How do you connect to the root "console" session from remote?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu Jun 15 18:01:53 UTC 2006

Shayne Webrider schreef:
> Hrm...so maybe I'm looking at the wrong product.  Is there an RDP style
> app for linux that will do what I'm trying...?  (basically high speed
> remote control of an existing desktop?)

Look for X11vnc. It's not perfect, but it works.

Maybe it can help to use freenx to get a faster connection. But I think
that's not faster over ADSL. Maybe it is over a slower connection.

I've heard that Nomachine NX will support this in the future (and that
can be real soon).

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.