[FreeNX-kNX] it works but I have a few questions

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Jun 13 19:11:22 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 17:29, Gallagher, Tim (NE) wrote:
> I have a few questions pertaining to freenx.  I just got it up and
> running with Ubuntu dapper 6.06 and it is great.  I am new so I do have
> a few questions.
> 1. When I log into the client

Nitpicking: you don't "log into the client" -- you tell the client to
log you into the FreeNX server.

Which client are you using, BTW? I assume the NoMachine NX Client?

> it goes right into gnome, is there a way
> to choose the x environment?

You can also choose KDE (for it to run, you need to have it installed,
of course).

And then there is the "Custom" session to select, which you may set
up to run any command or GUI app you like. However, you may need to
use the absolute path to your app, and also write your own wrapper
script that sets up the environment vars needed by the respective
app, and then starts the app.

Cheers,
Kurt