[FreeNX-kNX] Xserver problem when su to root.

Robin Clayton s-clarob at st-aidans.net
Fri Jul 7 13:05:00 UTC 2006

Hi Guys.

I have an anoying problem which I am struggeling to fathom...

I can get connected to my NX server fine, desktop looks gr8 everything works gr8.

I can open an xTerm shell and run X apps no problems ( emacs, kate, etc etc...)

but soe stuff I need to do as root,

I can su to root no problem.

but when I run an app I get.

emacs: Cannot connect to X server unix:1008.0.
Check the DISPLAY environment variable or use `-d'.
Also use the `xhost' program to verify that it is set to permit
connections from your machine.

???

I have tried to find out what I need to do to fix this without any joy.

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Rob