[FreeNX-kNX] allowing launching NX programs, disallowing SSH login - possible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Jan 30 15:30:49 UTC 2006

Emmanuel Blindauer schrieb:
> Like in the FAQ:
>
> use "AllowUser nx at ..." in sshd_config from your server

But then, someone can login using nxclient to launch other apps.

Normally, if I want some user to be able to use only xclock, I would put
something like that into /etc/passwd:

xclock:x:10093:10093::/home/xclock:/usr/X11R6/bin/xclock

This way, if someone logs in via SSH, he launches xclock, and doesn't
get a shell.

With NX however, this will not work, and the session will fail.

Any ideas?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org