[FreeNX-kNX] nx authentication failure freenx 0.4.2

ted creedon tcreedon at easystreet.com
Fri Jan 27 20:12:18 UTC 2006

Well its not correct for SuSE.

I just got 4.4.4 up on a 10.0 machine using the SUSE rpm's - which
worked for a change.

The SuSE 9.3 rpm's are v 3.31 and (natch) don't work.

run: nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean --purge

then check the installation as follows:

/usr/share/doc/packages/NX/samples has some scripts that can be used to
check out the installation.
the test files in samples are:

 README (as in RTFM)
 run-nxagent-client
 run-nxagent-server
 run-nxapp
 run-nxproxy-client
 run-nxproxy-server

run 3 shells and cd each to /usr/share/doc/packages/NX/samples
in each shell export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/NX/lib #to get the nx-X11
libraries found before the normal X11 libraries
in one shell ./run-nxproxy-server
in another    ./ run-nxproxy-client <cookie from server>
in another    ./run-nxapp  xterm

then repeat using the nxagent scripts

then

chmod 600 /usr/share/knx/client.id_dsa.key

and run knx

A KDE window should come up

Kurt - thanks for the revision warning,

I can post the SuSE rpm's on my website if desired.

tedc