[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient and "challengeresponseauthentication no"

ted creedon tcreedon at easystreet.com
Thu Jan 26 17:41:43 UTC 2006

"Please ensure that SSHD on localhost accepts password authentication."
The output from nxsetup seems to specifically disallow this...:
see below.
tedc

nxsetup --install --clean --purge
Removing user nx ...no crontab for nx
done
Removing session database ...done
Removing logfile ...done
Removing nx home directory ...done
Removing configuration files ...done
Setting up /usr/NX/etc ...done
Generating public/private dsa key pair.
Your identification has been saved in /usr/NX/etc/users.id_dsa.
Your public key has been saved in /usr/NX/etc/users.id_dsa.pub.
The key fingerprint is:
65:70:a4:9f:70:83:10:98:77:c9:8c:59:f6:4d:39:df root at nome
Setting up /usr/NX/var/db ...done
Setting up /var/log/nxserver.log ...done
Setting up user nx ...done
Setting up known_hosts and authorized_keys2 ...Unique key generated;
your users must install

    /usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key

on their computers.
done
Setting up permissions ...done
Ok, nxserver is ready.

PAM authentication enabled:
  All users will be able to login with their normal passwords.

  PAM authentication will be done through SSH.
  Please ensure that SSHD on localhost accepts password authentication.

  You can change this behaviour in the /usr/NX/etc/node.conf file.

Warning: Clients will not be able to login to this server with the
standard key.
         Please replace /usr/NX/share/client.id_dsa.key on all clients
you want
         to use with /usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key
         and protect it accordingly.

         If you really want to use the NoMachine key please remove
         '/usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh/authorized_keys2'
         and then run this script with the --setup-nomachine-key parameter.
Have Fun!
nome:~ #