[FreeNX-kNX] One-time password authentication question

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Fri Jan 20 15:56:46 UTC 2006

Schumacher, Felix wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Zitat von Nick Owen <nowen at wikidsystems.com>:
>
>> I set up FreeNX on a server that already had PAM set up for WiKID auth
>> via radius.  The setting was for "sufficient" so ssh worked with both
>> passwords and the OTP.  FreeNX worked only with the passwords though.
>> The first password request works, but it appears that FreeNX makes
>> additional credential validation requests to the auth server, which of
> FreeNX (at least in Version 0.4.5) does check your password against multiple
> authentication daemons. Which can't be done with one time passwords. So you
> have to force FreeNX to use your authentication service.
> This could be done by using atached patch. It adds a configuration option
> FORCE_LOGIN_METHOD=SSH in node.conf.
> The other part sets the value LOGIN_SUCCESS=1, the LOGIN_METHOD to the value of
> FORCE_LOGIN_METHOD and in case of SSH, it exports COMMAND_SSH.
>
> Hope this helps
>  Felix

Felix:

Thanks! This sounds like just the thing.  I am struggling a bit with how
to apply the patch.  I have the source untarred in /freenx-0.4.4.  I
tried running the command:

# patch -p0 < freenx-force-authentication-method.diff

in that directory, but I get:

patching file node.conf.sample
patching file nxserver
Hunk #1 FAILED at 527.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file nxserver.rej

I have attached the nxserver.rej file.

Am I doing something wrong here?

thanks in advance,

Nick