[FreeNX-kNX] How to display an X application on an NX display when X app is not running on same machine as NX server

Carl W. Joly cwjolly at wi.rr.com
Fri Jan 6 21:46:53 UTC 2006

Hi

I am using FreeNX and am able to display a remote desktop just fine . I
type xhost + in a terminal on the
remote desktop, then  I open an xterm session on the remote desktop and
telnet to another machine and
then ensure the DISPLAY environment variable is set to
<IPADDRESS_OF_REMOTE_DESKTOP>:1000.0
( i.e export DISPLAY=192.168.1.10:1000.0) now I run xclock  and the
following message appears:
Error: Can't open display on 192.168.1.10:1000.0.

Question is how do you get the application to show up?

Thanks Ahead of time

Carl