[FreeNX-kNX] Feature Requests

Mark Arrasmith arrasmith at math.wichita.edu
Thu Jan 12 16:20:39 UTC 2006

I don't know if this is a feature request or more of an application request.
Right now I'm completing a project that would be more interesting to use
freenx than VNC as I'm now using.

Short version: I have a thinstation linux box hooked up to a data projector
that starts a "vncviewer -listen" session.  Then I can walk into the
classroom and run "x11vnc -connect thinstation.ip.address" to wirelessly
export my laptop display to the data projector.

What I don't like is vnc is very slow.  So my requests are:
Can the nx client be fired up in -listen mode?
Can freenx be used to create an x11-2-nx server that exports an existing x11
session via nx to the nx client?

- mark

--
How can you do 'New Math' problems with an 'Old Math' mind?
		-- Charles Schulz