[FreeNX-kNX] German keyboard

Marco marco.mandl at gmx.at
Wed Jan 11 12:07:02 UTC 2006

Marco wrote:

> Eike Hein wrote:
> >
> > I experienced the same problem. Setting a PC 105 keyboard
> > layout from within KControl (the KDE Control Center; my
> > session runs KDE) solved it. I do need to do that after
> > every new session startup, however (i.e. set to 104, then
> > set to 105 again -> changes take place). A more elegant
> > solution would probably be to include a setxkbmap call in
> > the session startup script.
>
> THX.
>
> After correcting the keyboard setting in the control center it worked. It even
> seems to keep the settings until the next session.
>
> I am quite sure that I tried this before, but maybe I did sth else wrong then.

Now it does not work anymore. Even if I change the settings in Control Center
to sth else and back again I still have the same error. (AltGr only works
sporadically). setxkb still shows the correct settings (xkb_symbols   { include
"pc/pc(pc105)+pc/us+pc/de(basic):2"     }; xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc105)"
};)

Do I have to do more than "setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout us,de -variant
,basic" ?

I have the feeling that most of the time instead of AltGr CTRL or AltGr & CTRL
is send to the server.

/M