[FreeNX-kNX] Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

Nicolas Girard nicolas.girard at nerim.net
Mon Jan 9 16:53:35 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 17:43, Brian Keener wrote:
> Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '4188'.
> Error: Host X server DISPLAY is not set.
> [asdf at linux:~, 11:42 AM, Mon Jan 09]> nxproxy -C
> NXPROXY - Version 1.5.0

Okay, so this is another problem...
Just in case it could help:

1) just do a

 # nxserver --cleanup
 # nxserver --restart

2) kill all remaining "nx" stuff, i.e. everything return by the command

 # ps axf|grep [n]x

3) perhaps the nx packages' dependancies are broken, as it turned out to be
with mandriva's ones ; have a look to your nx-related packages with (I assume
it also works in Suse)

 # rpm -qa|grep nx

and if you appear to see packages from 1.4.x versions along with other
packages from 1.5.x version update your old packages

Hope that helps