[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient and "challengeresponseauthentication no"

Brian Keener brikeener at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:27:02 UTC 2006

On 2/6/06, Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Monday 06 February 2006 20:40, Brian Keener wrote:
>
> > the
> > fact that I apparantly must choose between Cygwin or NXClient has pretty
> > much caused me to abandon my nxclient investigations for the moment
>
> Huh?
>
> Who told you you had to "choose"?
>
> Lots of people use Cygin and NX Client side by side on the same
> machine. Some even run NX Client from a USB stick. Others use
> the "Web Companion"-installed NX Client (installs into user's
> home directory).
>
> Also, there is this as a resource:
>
>   http://www.nomachine.com/kb/  # type "cygwin" into search field
>   http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR12B00117

Already been there, that fix didn't change anything for me.

What happens is that cygwin opens fine by itself, but if nxclient is running
(or has been executed anytime beforehand and subsequently closed) I get:

C:\cygwin>cygwin.bat
      7 [main] ? (3508) C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - system
shared
memory version mismatch detected - 0x75BE0084/0x75BE0096.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
*should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.

When I get a few minutes of free time I am going to yank/re-install
everything cygwin-related and give it another shot, but right now I just
don't have the time to re-install and re-configure cygwin.

Brian K