[FreeNX-kNX] using NX on a machine without root access

Osho GG oshogg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 10:32:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

I would like to access my work linux computer from home using NX.
Currently I run VNC on the linux machine. I often find that the
interactivity and the speed of VNC leaves a lot to desire. I would
like to use NX to remotely access my work linux desktop (running
inside a vncserver or otherwise). I have installed nxclient on my home
machine (where I have root access). However, I don't have root access
on my work computer. Is there anyway I could compile/install NX
without being root?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks,
osho