[FreeNX-kNX] dropping out

Esme esme at nocturnal.plus.com
Sat Aug 19 10:50:34 UTC 2006

This is just too complex and too much work for me at this stage, at my current
level of experience, time being in limited supply.   In case it's of help,
what I've been trying to use is the NX stuff that comes with SuSE 10.1 on the
server-side, and the NX-client running on Ubuntu client-side.

I've tried  --help'ing and man ...'ing and whatever with all the NX-type
software on the server-side, and unfortunately what there is of that just
isn;t enough for someone at my level. Client-side, things LOOK OK, but I
can;t help feeling that there's stuff not explained that needs explaining to
get things set up properly.

Please note - this is not a criticism of the software - just an explanation as
to why I personally am not going to persist with trying to use it for a
while.  Obviously, it's still fairly cutting-edge stuff, and one doesn't
expect such to be newbie-friendly from the off.

However, if, once the system is more mature the program author(s) would like a
hand with producing documentation for newbie users, I;d be happy to help.

I wish those working on the project much luck and success - this is SUCH a
useful piece of software, potentially, that I am eager to see it succeed, and
to use it when it gets to a point where I can work out how! :-}

Best wishes,

Esme