[FreeNX-kNX] Cannot login to freenx-Server

Jan Luehr listen at stephan.homeunix.net
Fri Aug 11 09:45:54 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've some problems logging into a recently installied server, that's going to
replace or current NX server within the next days.
(System is Debian Etch, Amd64). I built all nx 2.0 packackages and try to use
it with snapshot 7 of 1.5.0 (see Fabian Franz post here in march 2006).
However, I'm not able to login... do you know why?

nxclient says: Authentication failure for user ljan,
nxserver says:
-- NX SERVER START:  - ORIG_COMMAND=
HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.5.0-50-SVN OS (GPL)
NX> 105 hello NXCLIENT - Version 1.5.0
NX> 134 Accepted protocol: 1.5.0
NX> 105 SET SHELL_MODE SHELL
NX> 105 SET AUTH_MODE PASSWORD
NX> 105 login
NX> 101 User: jan
NX> 102 Password:
Info: Auth method: passdb ssh userdb check

NX> 404 ERROR: wrong password or login
NX> 999 Bye

ljan is a local pam user I even tried to enable by nxserver --adduser and
setting a password to by nxpasswd jan.

What may be wrong here?
Thanks in advance.

Keep smiling