[FreeNX-kNX] /usr/NX/bin/nxloadconfig: line 499: [: missing `]'

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sat Apr 15 18:40:46 UTC 2006

On Saturday 15 April 2006 11:06, Alexander Skwar wrote:
>        Please also check the FreeNX Wiki+FAQ for hints.
>   http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ
>

> Hello!
>
> When I run /usr/NX/bin/nxloadconfig --check, I get:
>
> askwar at hetzner /tmp $ /usr/NX/bin/nxloadconfig --check
> Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_KDE=startkde"
>           Users will not be able to request a KDE session.
> Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_GNOME=gnome-session"
>           Users will not be able to request a Gnome session.
> Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_CDE=cdwm"
>           Users will not be able to request a CDE session.
> Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=smbmount". You'll not be able to use SAMBA.
> Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBUMOUNT=smbumount". You'll not be able to use SAMBA.
> /usr/NX/bin/nxloadconfig: line 499: [: missing `]'
> Error: Invalid value "PROXY_TCP_NODELAY="
>

> line 499f is:
>
>          [ -z "$(strings $PATH_BIN/nxagent | grep 'NXAGENT - Version 1.5.0')"] && \
>                  ERROR="yes" && echo "Error: Could not find 1.5.0 version string in nxagent. NX 1.5.0 backend is needed for this version of FreeNX."

I remember having reported this error already; thought it was fixed.
This type of test needs a space after the opening [ and before the
closing ] to be syntactically correct. So please insert it before
the closing ] like this:

  [ -z "$(strings $PATH_BIN/nxagent | grep 'NXAGENT - Version 1.5.0')" ] && \