[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient-1.5.0-106.exe tmp registry problem

Haakon Meland Eriksen haakon at nhn.no
Tue Sep 27 13:20:40 UTC 2005

Dear FreeNX-friends,

I downloaded the nxclient for Windows from NoMachine, available from this URL:

http://64.34.161.181/download/1.5.0/client/nxclient-1.5.0-106.exe

Installation runs smoothly on all client machines, but on some machines there
is a complaint which prevents successful connection, something about missing
tmp and the registry. I created a tmp directory in the .username folder,
although there was already a folder called temp there. This didn't help, but
reinstallation fixed the problem whatever it was.

I would like to let a number of Microsoft Windows users, who administer their
own clients to install this client, but I'm afraid the experience will
frustrate them if the above problem happens to them and make the NX solution
look bad. Have anyone else experienced this? I'm very sorry not to have the
exact error message, but if anyone involved with the nxclient for Windows see
this, perhaps they know?

Yours sincerely,
Haakon Meland Eriksen