[FreeNX-kNX] about .ICEauthority & .Xauthority

Peter Van den Wildenbergh pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Fri Sep 23 03:38:56 UTC 2005

Hi (again) :

Long story* short, I need to store the .ICEauthority & .Xauthority files somewhere outside $HOME.

I adjusted /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession
the first line reads now
Export ICEAUTHORITY=/tmp/.ICEauthority.$LOGNAME

I also made a change in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf
UserAuthDir=/tmp

This works with LTS technology but when I use freeNX,
the files show up inside $HOME :-(

Can this be adjusted somewhere?
Does freeNX actually source /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession & /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf?

Thanks again.

Peter

* Home dir are mounted from Novell server
ncp_mount doesn't support individual chmod settings
both files require 600, ncp_mount turns it into 700
so gnome refuses to start. :-(