[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient on USB stick problem

Hein-Jan Leliveld heinjan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 18:29:05 UTC 2005

I installed the latest nxclient on a windows PC with administrator rights.
Afterwards I copied the NXclient directory to my USB stick. On my university
the windows PC's are rather locked down, and when I start the nxclient from
the stick I get the following message:

"The initialization of the local X Server failed.
Error is: Cannot find the 'font' mount point in the registry"

I searched for this particular message in the knowledge base of nomachine
and on google, but cannot find any clue of how to fix this. The Environment
setting in the advanced settings points to the NXclient on the USB-stick
(System NX directory says E:\NX Client for Windows)

I suspect I don't have enough rights to write this registry entry. Does
anyone have an idea to fix this...?