[FreeNX-kNX] DPI an issue with 1.5?

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Tue Sep 20 21:02:15 UTC 2005

Sunil wrote:
> There are unresolved font issues between
> windows and linux.

Any idea on how to fix them, like for example setting up a channel to
download the font from the server, updating the font DB on the fly and
telling the X server to use it by an interface on the client (tricky,
given that you don't have Xlib on the client). I would love to see this
implemented. Just let me know how do you want to start. We are also
available to pay for bounties. Ask Kurt and Fabian.

> I think the following should be taken and putback
> anyway:

Unfortunately the "patch" I see below simply skips the error condition
and lets the agent continue after it has found that a font is missing.
Probably you have noted yourself that the "lossy" reconnection stuff is
not used in the final code, so probably there must be a reason. All in
all, I doubt you have carefully considered all the possible consequences
of your "fix" and have paid enough time to test it extensively. Anyway,
thank you. At least is a start :-).

/Gian Filippo.