[FreeNX-kNX] DPI an issue with 1.5?

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Tue Sep 20 13:15:48 UTC 2005

Kurt Granroth wrote:
> Ah, cool.  I played around with this a tiny bit, starting a 1280x854
> session and resuming it on a 1280x1024 screen.  I was successfully able
> to resize the desktop to anything I wanted.

OK.

> Just installed nxserver-1.5 personal and can confirm that the same
> problem does NOT show up.  So my problem was 100% with the differences
> between reported and actual color depth (24 vs 32) and was only in
> FreeNX and fixed by Sunil.

OK. Starting from the 1.5.0 the server should always disregard the
characteristics of the remote screen and let the agent do the job of
trying to reconnect the session. It is up to the agent to fail grace-
fully if the session can't be reconnected. This is acceptable by now,
as we have greatly narrowed the cases in which the session can be
resumed.

/Gian Filippo.