[FreeNX-kNX] DPI an issue with 1.5?

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Sun Sep 18 11:52:13 UTC 2005

Kurt Granroth wrote:
> I then started up a session on my 15" PowerBook and suspended it.
> Then, went to my 17" iMac and resumed ... and tadah, it worked!  I am
> now looking forward to that day when the desktop auto-resizes to the
> client screen size (similar to RDP) but this is a great first step.

NX supports RANDR starting from the 1.5.0. It doesn't auto-resize
because, on reconnection, it restores the session at the same size
as when the session was disconnected.

It should be trivial to add an "Auto" option in the client geometry
settings and let the agent choose the optimal size of the desktop
based on the size of the remote display. This, by the way, is the
behaviour of nxagent when it is started on the command line with-
out specifying a desktop geometry.

> I bring this up because I was under the assumption that DPI wasn't
> supposed to be one of the factors.  I can't find any reason for that
> assumption so I may be (and likely am) way off the mark ... but it's
> worth asking anyway.  Must the DPI be the same for resume to work in
> 1.5?

I confirm that the DPI doesn't matter.

The fact that the "resume" button is greyed out is an indication
that the server reported to the client that the session can't be
reconnected. Just for my personal information, does the same problem
show with the NoMachine nxserver?

/Gian Filippo.