[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX + VNC: Failure

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Sep 8 17:20:15 UTC 2005

On Thursday 08 September 2005 15:59, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:50:12 +0100, "Kurt Pfeifle" <k1pfeifle at gmx.net>
> said:
> > As you know by know, due to severe lack of time, FreeNX does not yet
> > have a good and complete documentation that steps users through the
> > setup of various scenarios.
>
> Yes, I've noticed this. :-/
>
> > We would highly appreciate if you could write down a step by step
> > howto for end user about setting up and running an NX/VNC session. The
> > docu should outline which VNC-related packages (including their
> > package names for the various distros) or utils are needed or
> > optional.
>
> Well, it's not really that hard,

;-)

OK, you've got the job.   ;-)

> now that I know which packages need to
> be combined.  Is there a possibility to have my patched RPMs hosted at
> the freenx site?  If not, I'll see that I find some other place.

Patched RPMs?

I do not get the context...

Of course, if you have any patches for the FreeNX source code, we'll
always consider inclusion. If they concern the NoMachine NX Core libs
and utilities, see the NoMachine website about the coding standards
they expect, and other stuff.

> > We would like to publish this on the FreeNX website then.
>
> A Wiki would be nice.

Look at the FreeNX website and project site hosted by Berlios.de. We
*do* have a wiki there. (Not a very nice one -- I'd prefer a customized
mediawiki, like the one Scribus uses. But this prolly has to be hosted
outside of Berlios).

> Perhaps, content could be put on a site like
> write a list of instructions once I've got the packages polished.
> Felix E. Klee
> fk at linuxburg.de    (work)
> felix.klee at inka.de (home)

Cheers,