[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX + VNC: Failure

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Sep 8 12:50:12 UTC 2005

On Thursday 08 September 2005 12:30, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:16:22 +0200, "Felix E. Klee" <fk at linuxburg.de>
> said:
> > I just tried the above combination on SuSE 9.2: Success! :-)
>
> It works also under SuSE 8.2!
>
> BTW, as VNC servers, so far I tried x11vnc (under 8.2 and 9.2) and krfb
> (under 9.2).  The VNC servers were running on the same systems as the
> NX servers.

As you know by know, due to severe lack of time, FreeNX does not yet
have a good and complete documentation that steps users through the
setup of various scenarios.

The NX/VNC session topic is one of the FAQ, and least understood in
general.

We would highly appreciate if you could write down a step by step howto
for end user about setting up and running an NX/VNC session. The docu
should outline which VNC-related packages (including their package names
for the various distros) or utils are needed or optional.

We would like to publish this on the FreeNX website then.

Of course, any other specific topic related to FreeNX is welcome too,
by anyone reading this (not just Felix E.).

Cheers,
Kurt