[FreeNX-kNX] (no subject)

Geoffrey McCaleb geoffrey at tabasco.net
Wed Sep 7 20:57:27 UTC 2005

Howdy All,
I'm running into a connection problem with a build of FreeNX on Xandros.
I am fairly new to FreeNX so I followed this handy install guide:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-testing/2005/03/msg00149.html

The install all went flawlessly. The one item of note, I used the
--setup-nomachine-key flag when setting up NX.

When I try to log in with the client from localhost, the client throws
an error stating that the "NX client was not able to establish an
unencrypted channel...". When enabling SSl encryption...however, I get a
simple Connection Timeout error.

Stranger still, I've upped the log levels to 7,
but /var/log/nxserver.log remains empty (though, the timestamp on the
file seems to update every time I connect).

One last thing, my kdm.log file is littered with the following error:

CopyAgent: /usr/NX/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available
(required by /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3)

Sorry for the long post. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would
be more than grateful.

Thanks All,

Geoffrey