[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX / ThinSation client

Peter Van den Wildenbergh pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Wed Sep 7 15:21:11 UTC 2005

Hi All :

I am a bit confused to say the least. Got a free-nx server running and I am able to connect with a Windows client to it after copying the client.id_dsa.key to the windows box. So far so good.

Now I am trying to get a ThinStation client going I get it to the point where the NX log-in screen comes up but
logging in with the same credentials as used on the windows box results in a failure.

NX>208 Using auth method: publickey
NX>204 Authentication failed

Probably because the client.id_dsa.key isn't on the ThinStation...
Anybody knows how to get that key into the ThinStation images (iso syslinux or Etherboot image) ?

Or even better is there a detailed HOWTO to get this setup (NX-ThinStation) going?

Thank you in advance

Peter