[FreeNX-kNX] Config settings to enhance stability?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Sat Nov 5 09:41:31 UTC 2005

Steve Bergman schrieb:

(...)

>>It's really frustrating for the programs like Mozilla Firefox or
>>Thunderbird, which will refuse to start if they are already running (in
>>the background).
>>
>>And guess what, I'm not running a Windows client, so our problem is
>>somehow related?
>>

> Try this in /etc/nxserver/node.conf:
>
> ENABLE_PERSISTENT_SESSION=""
> DISABLE_PERSISTENT_SESSION="all"
>
> I think that's what I did to correct that problem.
>
> My users can log back in and everything works.  But it is an aggravation
> to them that it happens at all, when they may have been in the middle of
> entering an order or making a sale to a walk in customer.

but this disables persistent sessions totally for everyone, meaning that
when I'm disconnected, the programs will be killed?

I'd prefer a better solution, as many times I was writing a really long
email and my session was broken (IP changed), and the email was of
course lost, because there was no way to connect to Mozilla Thunderbird
running in a background...

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org