[FreeNX-kNX] can I redirect vncviewer thru nxserver to vnc?

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:19:02 UTC 2005

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> On Monday 31 October 2005 23:30, sean wrote:
>

>>home--(adsl)---gateway---(lan)---windows
>

> [....]
>

>>This should be a fairly common application. Anybody done it?
>

> Yes.
>

>>Anbody have any ideas about how to do it?
>

> Yes.
>
> Do it like is described (with screenshots) on the nomachine.com
> web pages.

OK. I'm dense. I finally figured out that the the two ip
addresses in the vnc-session.pdf are different - one for
gateway, the other for windows.

Another question: Detail on nxclient shows:

Info: Using remote ZLIB stream compression level 6.
Info: No suitable cache file found.          <<<<<<<<<<<
Info: Starting X protocol compression.

On both server and client <user>/.nx/cache-vnc/ exists, but
both are empty.  Is there something I need to do?  touch
somefile?

sean