[FreeNX-kNX] CONFIG_FILE_VERSION: command not found

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Wed May 25 18:02:08 UTC 2005

Just subscribed today for an entierly different reason. But anyways, here is
the problem I just got after emerging the new net-misc/nxserver-freenx-0.4.0
on my system (updating a previous 0.2.8 installation).

I now get this lovely error message about a line in node.conf, and can't login
with the nxclient anymore:
---
MFL root # nxserver
/usr/NX/bin/nxserver: line 4: CONFIG_FILE_VERSION: command not found
NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-04-CVS OS (GPL)
Usage: nxserver <option>
..
---

How can I solve this error? Just commenting it out produces another error (how
odd ;-))

The other thing (why I subscribed) is that I want to know how to install the
NoMachine NX client under Windows or Solaris in your home dir (without having
root/admin priviledges). After subscribing I thought I shouldn't really ask
here, and when I got home I found out that the NoMachine public mailinglist
is closed, as per today. So.. does somebody here have an answer?

(I do hope they put the mailinglist archive back online somewhere)

 Henk Poley <><