[FreeNX-kNX] DLL Issues

syphon syphon at whichwalk.com
Sat May 7 15:39:28 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Sorry, this one isn't FreeNX specific as far as I'm aware, but I was
just wondering whether anyone has had any problems with Cygwin DLLs
recently?  I'm constantly getting conflicts between the Cygwin DLL from
Cygwin and the one from the NoMachine client.

Basically if I run Cygwin, then the nx client complains about there
being more than one Cygwin DLL and that they are not compatible.  If I
run the nx client before running Cygwin, then Cygwin itself will not run
(again complaining that there's a DLL conflict).

I've recently re-installed XP on my machine, and I installed Cygwin
first of all, I have just got around to installing the NX client.  A
month or two ago, the two were happy to co-exist, but now they won't and
I can't think what I may have done to cause this.

Either way I cannot seem to connect to my NX server (on
Mandrake/Mandriva 2005 LE) at all.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks