[FreeNX-kNX] 2X

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri May 6 11:27:56 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 19:05, LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com wrote:
> I ran across this today.
>
> www.2x.com
>
> They are selling some products based on NX technology.

It looks like they are not yet ready with their product,
only with their advertisements. They are heavily advertising
since several months on OSnews.com and on kde-apps.org

> From their website:
>
> "2X TerminalServer is based on the open source NX X-Windows compression
> protocol."
>
> I haven't seen any press on this.  Are they building proprietary
> technology around the OSS components, or are they licensing the
> technology?

It looks they are licensing from NoMachine directly.

> Are they competing directly with the nomachine proprietary server, or
> reselling it?

It looks they are competing, while at the same time financing further
development by licensing the technology.

> Just curious.

/me too

Cheers,
Kurt