[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Use Case question

LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 16 16:00:30 UTC 2005

On do, 2005-06-16 at 08:17 -0400, LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com wrote:

>>I get a script error when trying to install it in Firefox, see
>>http://kaarsemaker.net/~dennis/Screenshot.png

Hmm.  I haven't seen this yet.  Can you tell me your version of
firefox?  There is a firefox install log, too.  If you can find it it
would be very helpful.

>>Hmm, almost what I am looking for. Maybe I should be more precise: The
>>client sends a session type and (if the session is unix-custom) an
>>application name. The nx server acts upon them. I want the NX server
>>respond the same (starting a specific single program in a unix-custom
>>session) regardless of what the user sends, this because there is only
>>one application that the users should start. Is this possible without
>>hacking the nxserver scripts?

I think the only way would be to hack the server script (which is not
too hard, it is just bash), or to use a custom client that will only
invoke the application they are supposed to.  You can keep them from
using the standard client by keeping the password from them.