[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and "Google Summer of Code"
k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Jun 6 01:00:00 UTC 2005
If you are a student (or know one who is interested in FreeNX) read on.
You may want to participate in the "Google Summer of Code".
I have put together a list of jobs to work on and earn yourself a bounty
of up to 4.500.- $US. The individual items I will post to this list in
When I learned about the Google challenge, it was too late to get FreeNX
listed amongst the mentoring projects. However, it is not all lost:
gratefully, the KDE project will be taking FreeNX-related submissions
under its umbrella, if someone suitable picks them, and succeeds to get
it accepted by Google.
You can find more generic info about the Google challenge here:
Here are some basic rules:
* You have to be a student.
* You must be at least 18 years old on June 14th, 2005.
* You can participate if you are a graduate student.
* You can participate if you graduate in the middle of the program.
* You can participate if have just been accepted to a college/university
but are not yet a student.
* You can participate even if you are a student who is already an Open
* You can submit more than one proposal, but only one will be selected
since you can work only on one stipend.
* You must have all formalisms finished by the 14th of June to get
the project accepted by Google.
* You must finish the project by the 1st of September.
* Finally, once you pick the project you would like to complete this
summer, you need to apply here:
* You are strongly encouraged you to work on your proposal with me
before sending it off to Google. At the very least try to inform
us that you're planning to apply for a specifc task before applying.
The address and the format of the email that you should send to us
is described at the bottom of this page:
Kurt [ individual suggestions to follow ]
More information about the FreeNX-kNX