[FreeNX-kNX] bugs in freenx code with regard to suspend-resume

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 18:41:32 UTC 2005

Some more (good news) on the reliability of
suspend/resume of freenx:

1. the trap at line : 683 in nxserver

trap server_nxnode_exit_func EXIT

fires unnecessarily when suspending and removes valid
sessions which could be restored. If that trap doesn't
remove the session on suspend, next resume goes thru
fine.

2. at line 880 in nxserver:

session_fail $uniqueid
exit 1

removes valid sessions (after a timeout of 10 seconds)
which could be restored by just retrying on the client
side. I think its just OK to timeout and not remove
the session in this case, and let the client retry. If
I remove this (rather incomplete) error handling code,
the only side effect is that the client gets a
timeout. When the client retries, it resumes the
suspended session fine.

After fixing these lines, I can suspend/resume the
session with much more reliability, the kind we need.
Moreover, combined with the other patch I posted for
visuals, this suspend-resume now works across linux
and windows started sessions and works amazingly well,
so far it hasn't failed to resume even once.

Fabian, can you please have a look at these and do the
needful.

Thanks,
Sunil
PS: This completes my series of long emails...;-)