[FreeNX-kNX] sleeps in freenx code

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 17:42:26 UTC 2005

user's home is on nfs but I have setup a 'fake'
(node.conf style) home for him on a non-nfs local
partition.

why should the machine architecture or even NFS be a
problem with a piece of software? Sleep times can vary
considerably between machines  and that's exactly why
one should avoid using sleeps as means of waiting for
something to have successfully completed or done
something. Particularly locally, when you have other
more reliable means of synching.

And since the patches for nxnode/nxserver make my
reconnection work, that is a proof that the times put
in by default there are not long enough for many
setups.

-Sunil