[FreeNX-kNX] Different colour mappings on resume

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Jul 29 16:40:31 UTC 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 14:19, Nick Thompson wrote:
> I'm running NX libs 1.5.0 (stable) with FreeNX 0.4.3 and windows client 1.5.0.
>
> Took a lot of fiddling to get it going, but all the info is on the list if you
> look hard enough :-)
>
> Anyway, same results as with 1.4. libs - when I resume a suspended session,
> already open window's borders in KDE(3.4) look like somebody has changed the
> colour mapping. Windows opened after the resume are okay though. I'm using
> Plastic window decs, which have a gradient, so the apparent colour remapping
> often results in a horrible horizontal stripy mess. The only way to get rid
> of it is to close the effected windows,

Bah, there is an alternative available: modify your the plastic
style. Make it so that there are no gradients in the window title
bars. (IIRC the setting are named "active/inactive title blend".
Set to same color removes gradients).

> which kind of negates the idea of
> suspending a session. Screenshot available on request.

Heh.

If it is important to work remotely, a random title color artifact
is not too much hindering a geek's productivity, is it?     ;-)

> Another work around is to switch window decs to something else and back
> again... :-(

See above.

> Any idea how to fix that? Nothing else seems to be effected.
>
> Thanks

Cheers,
Kurt