[FreeNX-kNX] X.org font problems

Ben Voigt bvoigt at kas.com
Fri Jul 29 12:52:19 UTC 2005

I upgraded freenx to cvs yesterday, and now nothing much runs.  xterm is ok,
either in virtual desktop or floating (client 1.5, backend 1.4, didn't
change ENABLE_ROOTLESS).  KDE no longer works, I just get a black desktop
and the NXWin program won't let me exit.

What I'm seeing is that the X fontpath on the NX server is getting values
from the NX client.
Specifically:

> xset q
Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000002
  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25
  auto repeating keys:  00ffffffdffffbbf
                        fa9fffffffdffdff
                        ffffffffffffffff
                        ffffffffffffffff
  bell percent:  50    bell pitch:  400    bell duration:  100
Pointer Control:
  acceleration:  2/1    threshold:  4
Screen Saver:
  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
  timeout:  600    cycle:  600
Colors:
  default colormap:  0x20    BlackPixel:  0    WhitePixel:  16777215
Font Path:
  /cygdrive/C/Program Files/NXClient/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc
Bug Mode: compatibility mode is disabled
DPMS (Energy Star):
  Server does not have the DPMS Extension

Is freenx causing this (what else could be -- it's a client setting
incorrectly appearing at the server)?

If this has been fixed, is an old value stored somewhere that I'll have to
replace?  Someone guide me in editing the right file and getting this out of
there.

Ben Voigt
University of Pennsylvania
Electrical Engineering PhD Candidate

voigt at seas.upenn.edu <mailto:voigt at seas.upenn.edu>
BVoigt at kas.com <mailto:BVoigt at kas.com>

Support a Constitutional Amendment to protect the Pledge of Allegiance and
National Motto.
Click here for more information. <http://www.wepledge.com/>