[FreeNX-kNX] X.org font problems

Jakub Troszok troszok at nomachine.com
Tue Jul 26 11:49:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 21:14 +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> Debian's recently changed from XFree86 to X.org, and now nxagent can't
> find the default "fixed" font.
>
> It's not that it doesn't have the right path (as AR01C00124 suggests
> might be the case).  I've checked that, and added a suitable path
> explicitly to nxagent.  But nxagent reports:
>
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled, removing from list!
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc, removing from list!
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic, removing from list!
> Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/ttf/western, removing from list!
> Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/ttf/decoratives, removing from list!
> Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/truetype/openoffice, removing from list!
>
> and so on.  Some of those are OK: maybe they don't actually exist.
> But /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc certainly does, and fonts.dir and
> fonts.alias look OK to me (and this directory is the one that includes
> "fixed", of course).
>
> So what's going on, and how do I fix it?
I also noticed that problem few days ago. It is also present when trying
to run normal
vncserver so it's not NX specific.  On my computer the source of
problems was "artwiz-cursor", when I uninstalled it, everything went
back to normal. Strangely
nxagent/vncserver had problems loading only this font but in that case
no fonts could be
loaded from misc directory.
So please make "apt-get remove artwiz-cursor" and it should make
everything work again.

cheers,
Kuba
--