[FreeNX-kNX] Rootless mode suspend

Ed Warnicke eaw at cisco.com
Sun Jul 24 17:45:58 UTC 2005

Upon further investigation, while I can get
full desktop sessions to suspend (using FreeNX 0.4.2
and nx-1.5.0) I can't resume them.  When I attempt
to connect they are displayed, but the nxclient
"Resume" button is greyed out.  Termination of
sessions from the nxclient also doesn't seem to
work.

The reasons I mention these issues is because
I'm wondering if it's related to a change I had
to make to get nx-1.5.0 working at all.

FreeNX 0.4.2 worked fine for me with the old
nx-1.4.0 libs.  When I upgraded to nx-1.5.0
I could not get a successful connection.  It
kept dying during 'Establishing X connection'
and giving a Warning about mismatched cookies.
Finally in desperation I tried setting
$proxy_cookie=$cookie in nxnode, and then
I could get working sessions.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Ed